As you might imagine, being a candle maker means I always have TONS of candles all over the house. (I'm obviously covered if the power ever goes out! haha) Over the years, I've recycled a lot of these candle jars and used each of them in a different way around the house.
Here are some easy steps to follow so you can recycle your candle jars, too!
1. When approximately 1/2" of wax is remaining in the jar, it is time to discontinue use of the candle. It is important to not burn the wick until the very bottom as this can cause the jar to overheat.
2. Place the jar in your freezer.
3. After 30 minutes, remove the jar from the freezer. Then, carefully use a butter knife to chip away at the remaining wax.
4. Dispose of the chipped wax in the trash. If the wick tabs are still attached to the bottom of the jar, you may add in a splash of rubbing alcohol and let it sit. After approximately 10-15 minutes, use the butter knife to carefully lift the tabs from underneath.
5. Use hot water and soap to clean the inside of the jar and then dry with a towel.
6. Fill with whatever you like and enjoy! Makeup brush holder, toiletries holder, potted plant, or a vase for flowers -- the options are endless!
Happy DIY-ing! What are your favorite ways to recycle old candle jars? Tell me in the comments below!